Tuesday, February 18, 2014

     The procrastination is now over and the weeks of slaving on how to go about writing a detailed, unbiased, and entertaining blog on various albums has come to an end.  Originally, I was stuck repeating myself over and over and over, vaguely describing even some of my favorite albums.  Without further delay, I present to you my completely amateur attempt on reviewing albums.
     I have to warn you about the unavoidable confusion you will face if you continue to read my reviews.  The way I rate albums is completely unique and is a signature of a few friends of mine as well as myself in order to accurately the differences in music, both good and bad.  Instead of the classic on a scale from one to ten (metric as we call it), we use a one to fourteen (imperial) scale.  Why such an odd number?  Stories aside, we've decided that it keeps irrational ratings out of the picture: 4.5/10,  8.5/10,  9.5/10, etc.  It also gives a wider range of choices in which to classify an album.
     The Imperial Scale can easily be translated into metric, although it still has its specific rules.  For instance, an Imperial 5/10 is the same as a Metric 5/10; a borderline average, mediocre album.  Although a 7/10 on a Metric Scale is quite above average and a 10/10 implies that the album is flawless, on the Imperial Scale a 7/10 is an average good album (above normal average) and a 14/10 is absolutely flawless.
     Now that you are utterly confused, I'd like to begin by reviewing my top five favorite albums of all time; beginning with #5 and working my way up.

No comments:

Post a Comment